Simply put, it’s hard to imagine a better racing helmet. Combine Arai’s proprietary, groundbreaking PBcLc (Peripherally Belted Complex Laminate) shell construction -- the same shell shape as the F-1-grid’s GP-6RC model; a wider eye port for optimized peripheral vision; new ventilation; and on and on – and you get the striking new Arai GP-6(PED). The new shell gives you incredible strength and flexibility, and that strength allows Arai to use an extremely soft EPS liner that’s so comfortable it’ll make you think more about a nap than a race. Right until you strap in, that is. The cheek pads are replaceable for a more personal fit. Up top, the ventilation system is greatly improved with three larger, closeable intake vents, plus two larger exhaust cowls.
Now Snell SA2015 certified, with the M6 washer/nut installed at the factory. With the 6mm washer/nut installed, anyone can now easily install a variety of Head and Neck Restraint systems that use a 6mm bolt to their helmet. This helmet also comes with the FIA-8859-2015 certification sticker applied to the interior liner of the helmet.
Arai GP-6 PED Helmet Features:
- Large10mm intake and exhaust holes for increased airflow (front vents are closeable).
- New shield pivot hardware with redesigned track slider for improved aerodynamics.
- Wider eye port for increased peripheral vision.
- New positive shield locking mechanism.
- Arai 6 series 3mm thick visor (not interchangeable with GP-5)
- Removable cheek pads for a custom fit (feature emergency release tabs for easy helmet removal in an accident).
- Newly sculpted chin bar and ridge along lower edge to give extra clearance above shoulders.
- Includes an Arai PED kit for better aerodynamics (uninstalled).
- Snell SA2015 & FIA 8859-2015 Approved