The GrimmSpeed Electronic Boost Control Solenoid is designed to work with your factory computer (requires tuning). It will not reduce the life of your factory computer because it is designed to draw the same amount of power as the factory BCS but flows better and reacts faster. It plugs in and requires no splicing or soldering of resistors. With the included bracket you can bolt it in, plug in the connector, and start tuning for fast boost response, increased boost pressure and free up lots of power. Planning on returning the car to stock? Just reverse installation.
Why run an Electronic BCS over a Manual Boost Controller?
A MBC allows you to run higher than stock boost levels by preventing the wastegate from opening at its rated pressure. It does a great job at this but if boost is available under the MBC setting it will give you that full boost. So for instance, you set your MBC to 18psi because from 3000-6000rpm thats what you want. But then say you get detonation with 18psi when you are at 7000rpm unless you are below 16psi. With a MBC, you do not have this control so you are forced to run 16psi through the entire rev range. With an electronic boost controller you could run 18psi from 3000-6000 and 16psi at 7000rpm because you can tune the boost map in the ECU which will allow you to run the maximum amount of boost at every given rpm. This gives you more power throughout the range and better control. Revolutionizing the boost solenoid market, we have created model specific install brackets that allow you to directly fit our Boost Solenoid into your vehicle for a factory fit. No more Zip-tying! We give you the factory fitment you have been waiting for.
Staying with the OEM fitment theme, the GrimmSpeed Electronic Boost Control Solenoid uses an OEM style wiring harness so you can simply unplug your OEM solenoid and plug ours in. No more cutting the oem wiring and crimping wires together!
Also new to the electronic boost solenoid market, we have used ultra low-profile hose fittings to keep the unit as small and clean as possible. The hose fittings are nickel plated brass so you don't have to worry about them snapping off like the plastic hose fittings!
- Users can use AN fittings with the solenoid.
- MAC Valve has completely custom made the valve for us(only MAC valve on the market to be custom made for automotive tuning use).
- Specifically designed by GrimmSpeed™ to work safely with the factory ECU (requires tuning) and to reliably handle the vibrations and temperatures of your engine bay!
- Direct bolt in mounting bracket and hardware included!
- Faster response and greater flow than any other valve out there. (by more than 10%!)
- Nickel plated brass fittings. (unlike the competitors failure prone plastic fittings)
- Custom Machined Adapter - Makes use of the factory inlet recirculation port, instead of blocking it off
- Black Anodized Finish - Protects the assembly from corrosion in an extremely demanding environment
- 1/4in Barbed Fittings - Matches the factory turbo and wastegate hose size
- 3-Port Solenoid - Proprietary internal modifications prepare the solenoid for extreme conditions below the vehicle
- Plug-n-Play Wiring Connector - Plugs directly into the factory wiring harness with no modification required
- Compact Design - No need to mount the solenoid elsewhere in the engine bay, increasing complexity and hose length
- GrimmSpeed 3-Port Boost Control Solenoid w/ Plug-n-Play Connector
- Machined and anodized turbo inlet adapter w/ VITON O-Ring
- Laser Cut and CNC bent steel bracket, black zinc plated w/ stainless press-in nuts
- Zinc plated barbed fittings, preassembled w/ anerobic sealant
- 2ft of 1/4in Vacuum Hose w/ zipties
- All necessary hardware
- 2015+ Subaru WRX
- All FA20 Equipped Vehicles (w/ factory turbo inlet)